Friday, September 21, 2012

Fantastic Friday: What did we read in Mrs. Mueller's room this week?

Fantastic Friday

STUDENT PRECEPTS INSPIRED BY MR. BROWNE IN WONDER

READING ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON
 

Not only are my classes listening to and talking about Wonder, but each Friday I'll update what books students are finishing independently. I was inspired to do this by another blogger, David Etken, on Eat the Book blog. I was reviewing my own books because of Jen and Kellee's blog Teach Mentor Texts,  but I loved how Mr. Etken listed what his students were reading, too. David Etken's weekly review is called Ring-the-Bell Monday.
20120117-111701.jpg Ring- the- Bell Monday

We're going to call our weekly book list Fantastic Friday.

Here is our finished list this week:

JFB Students:

Jersey read:                    Maggie read:                                       

School of Fear (School of Fear, #1)Clara Barton: Founder Of The American Red Cross (Childhood of Famous Americans)

       Amrith read:          Jersey also read:
    My Life as a Book How I Learned To Fly (Goosebumps, #52)

Paige C. read:                        Jacob read:               Annie read:                      
Miley Cyrus Say Cheese - And Die Screaming (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #8) The Creature in Ogopogo Lake (The Boxcar Children, #108)

William read:
  The Merchant of Death (Pendragon, #1)

Jackson read:                      Reece read:                        Neily read:                         
      
No Talking What-the-Dickens: The Story of a Rogue Tooth Fairy   Radiance (Riley Bloom, #1)

Tyler read:
   How to Steal a Dog  Greetings from Nowhere

SLE Students:

Jenna read:                       Abbi read:                  Alessandra read:             

A Mango-Shaped Space Accidentally Friends (Accidentally, #4) (Candy Apple #20)    Fake Mustache
Sarah read:
DK Riding Club: Horse and Pony Breeds  The Strange Case of Origami Yoda (Origami Yoda #1)

     Jake read:                          Alec read:
Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)     Freefall (Tunnels, #3)

KME Students:

Cameron read 2 books:                                         Sammy read:                       
Island of the Blue Dolphins Hoot    Love, Aubrey
 Jack read:
 The Fire Within (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #1)

Ali read (for the 11th time):      Cole read:                           
11 Birthdays (11 Birthdays, #1) Who Stole Halloween?
Bobby read:
  Holes (Holes, #1) Into the Wild (Warriors, #1)

Katie read:                Mrs. Mueller listened to:   

The World According to Kaley Hattie Big Sky

 Mrs. Mueller read aloud to JFB students:
       Bully

Awesome, everyone! Keep reading!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Mrs. Mueller,

    What a fantastic group of books. I see a bunch of familiar books, but also some I don't know. I'll have to add some to my TBR pile.

    Thanks so much for making me part of your blog. Seeing this was a great way to end my week. I'm honored. I also know how much work you put in to get all those book cover. Yikes! I have an idea to make that easier...

    I noticed you had a student reading Origami Yoda. If anyone makes it through Fortune WOOKIE, I'd like to send along some temporary WOOKIEE tattoos.DM me your addy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    Any ideas would be appreciated! Some of my kids are reading their way through the Origami Yoda books quickly. I would LOVE to pass on some Wookiee tattoos to them! Take a look at my August 10th post. I met Tom Angleberger and have a signed copy of The Secret Fortune Wookiee! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Caroline. It's neat to see the wise words the kids choose! They LOVE Wonder!

      Delete