Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's THIRSTday!

Thank you to David Etkin for starting a meme on his blog, {Eat the Book}. Today is Thursday THIRSTday: A beverage and a book.

 
This a little detour from featuring my friend Karan's pottery with my book since she's been busy making an entire set of dishes for a client and hasn't had time to make new mugs.  Her success is exciting!  Here is a sample of her place settings:
 
 
 
Beautiful, huh?!  Anyway, back to my book and beverage:
 


 
My friend and fellow collaborator, Megan Ginther, and I decided to have a mini book club and read this book together.  Click Megan's name and see her fabulous new blog!  Look at the tabs already stuck in the book, marking important passages.  There are going to be a TON of them by the time I'm done!  We've been meeting at Joseph-Beth Booksellers in the restaurant there to talk about a project we're working on together, and this book will help us with our ideas.  Even though we both teach elementary kids, and Penny is a high school teacher, the philosophies she holds and teaches apply to all levels of teaching reading.  I will be writing a review about Book Love when we finish on one of my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? posts.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment