Friday, August 9, 2013

Book Lists

I went shopping at the Back-to-School Scholastic Warehouse Sale on Wednesday with nErDcampBC friends, Lesley Mosher and Ryan Hanna after a lovely lunch at Panera.  I was once again struck by how much fun it is to be around people who love books and their students. 

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!




All these books makes me think of the book lists I've enjoyed lately that also gets me excited about school starting:
 
Travis Jonker was on the
committee to help choose this 100 Must-Reads for Kids 9-14 from NPR list.  They narrowed the list down based on audience nominations.
 
 image 1 500x375 100 Must Reads for Kids 9 14 from NPR
 
 
I think I've read 53 of them, which is not nearly enough.  Maybe it will be a future challenge of mine!  Any favorites you wish were on there?  Or favorites that are?
 
 
My mom sent me this list by e-mail a couple of days ago, and I loved it!
 
51fae44274c5b672910001db._w.540_s.fit_
 
 
What do YOU think is missing from the most beautiful list?  I own a few of these, but not all.  I definitely think owning picture books is like owning precious works of art!
 
The 2013 Amelia Elizabeth Walden Book Award Finalists were announced (Kellee Moye and Ricki Ginsberg were on the committee), and then the press release for the ALAN winner:
 
 
I LOVED this book, so I'm so glad it won!
 
 
I love the Kidsreads.com Coming Soon Lists!  The book I'm most excited about reading from the August list is:
 
 
  Since I'm running a Mock Newbery group, the Kidsreads.com list is very important to share with my students!  It also makes my TBR list grow exponentially!
 
 
 
Any book lists you're loving these days?  

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to share my latest, favorite book list. When I went looking for it, I was surprised to see that I hadn't shared it on my Sweet Summer Reads blog. Was it bookmarked, a draft on the blog, in my dropbox?
    No, I had shared it on Twitter.
    Here it is - The 50 States of Middle Grade Lit by Monique German! http://thisshelfreserved.blogspot.com/2013/07/50-states-of-middle-grade-lit.html
    Now I'm off to add the link to my own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lists suggested here! I have to check them all out!

    ReplyDelete