I love linking up to a wonderful celebratory community, inspired by Ruth Ayres, every Saturday!
- I had to skip last Saturday because I was busy creating celebrations! Ed and I visited my parents in their new home in Florida. It was fun to see them settling in to their new life in the Sunshine State!
- I have I said how much I love reading aloud lately? My classes are responding so wonderfully to our current read alouds: Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper for 5th grade and A Long Walk to Water for 6th grade. It's wonderful to see how enraptured they are and how much they groan when I stop for the day. This is a non-negotiable in my classroom. I will never give up reading aloud!! It bonds us all together and creates a love of reading and authors/illustrators like nothing else.
- I'm proud of my students for tackling some deep thinking. I teach gifted students, and they get used to academics coming pretty easily. We tackled a precept from 365 Days of Wonder and a poem this week that brought out some great discussion and writing.
- While I'm talking about my students, I love when I introduce a new technology to them. They take it and run. We're going to make Public Service Announcements next week using WeVideo. I also gave them the choice of using another app or site that they want to try out. Some of them are doing that, and love watching them take initiative.
- I'm looking forward to celebrating a weekend with my college daughters! They're both coming home this weekend, and we're having dinner with friends and Skyline chili. The fall temperatures and colorful trees will add to the ambience. That's something worth celebrating! :-)
Life is full of celebrations!