I love linking up to a wonderful celebratory community, inspired by Ruth Ayres, every Saturday!
What a great Thanksgiving week! So much to celebrate!
- Dinner with Libby's fiancé's family, the Stagnaros, last Saturday night at our house. Jamie has a wonderful family (he's one of 10 siblings!), and we have so much fun when we get together with them.
Libby and her future sisters-in-law!
- My students finished up a biography project the day before we left for Thanksgiving break. They read DK biographies and created monuments/memorials for their people. They did a great job! I'll write more about this in next week's Nonfiction Wednesday post.
Some even created 3-D ones!
- The girls both came home for the holidays! Yay! It was so nice to have them around. Katie left last night since today is the big OSU/Michigan game.
- We went to a cake-tasting on Wednesday to choose a cake for the wedding. We had so much fun! It's going to be a beautiful and delicious cake!
Libby, Jamie, and the Maid of Honor, Hannah.
- No cooking on Thanksgiving day - woo-hoo! Since we host Friends' Thanksgiving, I get my share of cooking, cleaning, and traditional Thanksgiving food. Our families were in Florida this year, so we decided to book reservations at a restaurant instead of cooking. It was delicious! After dinner we saw "Mockingjay Part 1," which we thought was very good, and then we had pie and coffee at Katie's boyfriend's family's house (his dad is our pastor). It was a great way to end the day.
Perfect for our Christmas card this year!
Now we're excited about the Christmas season. It's my favorite time of year. We put our tree up yesterday, so we're ready! Off to read YOUR celebrations!