I love linking up to a wonderful celebratory community, inspired by Ruth Ayres, every Saturday!
I'm a little late with the Celebration post, but better late than never! Lots of things to celebrate this week:
- The biggest excitement this week is our check from Ethicon, a division of Johnson & Johnson, written out for $10,000 to Water for South Sudan, Inc. for our #ReadWalkWater project!! My colleague and co-leader of #ReadWalkWater, Tracy Kleis, wrote a grant for the donation, prompted by a 6th grade parent who works for Ethicon. Tracy got the grant, and we celebrated this week, knowing we have almost reached the full amount ($15,000) needed to build a well in a village of South Sudan.
- The last day before Christmas break is hectic but fun with students. I feel so blessed and loved by the gifts they bestowed upon me!
- I'm excited by the prospect of participating in #Bookaday over winter break. I need to catch up on my Goodreads goal since I'm 20+ books behind!
- On Saturday night, we went to see "Miracle on 34th Street" at LaComedia, a local dinner theater, and enjoyed getting into the Christmas spirit.
- It's gingerbread house building time!
I look forward to celebrating Jesus's birth this week as well as enjoying time with family and friends. Happy holidays to all of you!