Sunday, December 21, 2014

Celebration Saturday (on Sunday)

 
I love linking up to a wonderful celebratory community, inspired by Ruth Ayres, every Saturday!
 
I'm a little late with the Celebration post, but better late than never!  Lots of things to celebrate this week:
 
- The biggest excitement this week is our check from Ethicon, a division of Johnson & Johnson, written out for $10,000 to Water for South Sudan, Inc. for our #ReadWalkWater project!!  My colleague and co-leader of #ReadWalkWater, Tracy Kleis, wrote a grant for the donation, prompted by a 6th grade parent who works for Ethicon.  Tracy got the grant, and we celebrated this week, knowing we have almost reached the full amount ($15,000) needed to build a well in a village of South Sudan.
 
 
- The last day before Christmas break is hectic but fun with students.  I feel so blessed and loved by the gifts they bestowed upon me!
 
 
- I'm excited by the prospect of participating in #Bookaday over winter break.  I need to catch up on my Goodreads goal since I'm 20+ books behind! 
 
- On Saturday night, we went to see "Miracle on 34th Street" at LaComedia, a local dinner theater, and enjoyed getting into the Christmas spirit.
 
 

- It's gingerbread house building time! 
 

     I look forward to celebrating Jesus's birth this week as well as enjoying time with family and friends.  Happy holidays to all of you!
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulatlons on receiving the grant, Holly. Wow! That's just terrific. Happy to see you had a nice end of the week with students, & are already enjoying your family being together. Happy Christmas time to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Congrats on the grant! This is amazing! I wish you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete