Thursday, December 18, 2014

Spiritual Journey Thursday - Advent (Music)

     I look forward to Thursdays when I can publish thoughts on my spiritual journey and hear the thoughts of others on a weekly theme topic.  It has become a space for an encouraging and fortifying community to come together.  We welcome anyone who would like to join us!
 
Advent seemed too important to let go after only writing about it one week, so I chose it as the theme topic for the whole month.
 
  
     Advent is a time of music.  Music seems to be the way I listen to and speak with God many days.  In a particularly difficult rough patch in my life six years ago, our local Christian radio station played nonstop in my car.  The music encouraged, fortified, and comforted me, oftentimes bringing me much-needed joy.

      Music is of utmost importance to me as a way to worship, so I've always chosen the church I wanted to attend in large part because of the music that was featured.  It's one of the reasons why I enjoy our church home now so much.  It is a Spirit-filled church, and many times, I feel that Spirit through our Praise Band, soloists, instrumentalists, and congregational songs.  Music is an integral part of this time of expectant waiting and preparation .  One of my favorite moments each Christmas Eve is singing "Silent Night" in the candlelit service.  It is such a peaceful, joyful experience hearing our congregation and choir lift their voices and flames to worship the King.
 
 
     Next week is Christmas, and I plan on writing a Spiritual Journey Thursday post.  The topic will be Jesus, of course.  It's hard to believe the time we have been waiting for is a week away.  May your week leading up to that miraculous day be filled with hope, joy, peace, love, and music.
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have decided to have a post next Thursday. It will be busy, but I like having this spiritual place to stop each week. This is an amazing rendition of Silent Night. Merry Christmas and thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I love music as well! Music plays in my car every morning on my way to work. I love Christmas songs! I posted the song "Mary Did You Know" by Pentatonix as I feel there is so much power in that song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, I too love Pentatonix's blending of all voices into a melodious tune. I see Jaana also litems to the music of this group. I have been trying to listen intently to all songs this holiday to find the message behind the actual music.

    ReplyDelete