I love linking up to a wonderful celebratory community, inspired by Ruth Ayres, every Saturday!
Another late Celebration post. Oops! Yesterday got away from me. This is the last day of winter break, so I'm going to celebrate these last two weeks. It's been a wonderful break, and it's going to be a little difficult to let it go!
- I got more Winter #Bookaday reading done. I can't wait to book talk all the books I've read over break. I've concentrated on middle grade books this time, and I'm so glad I did because I've got lots to share with my students. I'm also excited about starting to judge the Cybils' Middle Grade Fiction Finalists as a Round 2 Judge! I read 30 books over break! Here are a few I've read this week:
- My friends took me out for a birthday celebration on Monday. I love when birthdays can be celebrated several times. ;-)
- Libby is having a great time in Chile. Today she is supposed to be climbing Mt. Villarrica in Pucon, Chile today with her uncle T.J.!
- Katie had a great time with her boyfriend's family in PA. One day they took the bus into NYC and had fun!
- New Year's Eve was so much fun! I'm a little hesitant to tell how much we laughed over the game, Cards Against Humanity. It's certainly not for everyone, and I won't be playing it often, but oh my gosh, we laughed.
- Ed's sister, Cindy, and her husband, Tom, came through on Friday on their way home from FL to a wedding in OH, and on to CT. The Mueller New Year's Day tradition was always cabbage rolls at Ed and Cindy's grandpa's house. Ed loves them and wanted to try out his mom's recipe. Cindy and Tom pitched in - they were delicious!
- I'm doing my best to celebrate the start of school tomorrow. I won't say it isn't a little difficult to give up sleeping in, reading at leisure, staying up late with friends and family, going to movies, and celebrating holidays. It's always bittersweet. I will say that I am so fortunate to have a job I love and students I look forward to seeing again! I'll celebrate that!!