I love linking up to a wonderful celebratory community, inspired by Ruth Ayres, every Saturday!
Lots to celebrate this week!
1. Tomorrow, my friend, Megan, and I will take a road trip to Parma, MI to join hundreds of other teachers, librarians, authors, illustrators, administrators, literacy coaches, etc., for Nerd Camp 2015. I attended the first one two years ago and had a great time. Now it's grown to epic proportions. I hated to miss it last year, but am thrilled to be going back AND presenting this year on Day One. I'm sure my Celebration post next week will be all about it. Now, what audio book should we listen to on the way up....
2. After decluttering, cleaning, and getting ready, our house officially went on the market this week. We're excited about what lies ahead. We've had lots of wonderful times in this home and many memories have been made, but we're ready to downsize and simplify since Libby is married and Katie is in college. We're praying that it will sell quickly so we can move on to our next adventure!
3. Ed and I celebrated 26 years of marriage on July 1st! Last night we went to a restaurant in Cincinnati that we just love - Carlo & Johnny's - and ate a delicious steak meal and listened to the Sly Band. We had a great time and look forward to 26+ more years together!
4. I wasn't going to participate in Teachers Write this summer. I felt like I just had way too much going on. However, after reading Greg Armamentos's Nerdy Book Club post today about the importance of teachers being writers, I realized it's too important to pass up. Kate Messner, Gae Polisner, Jen Vincent, and Jo Knowles are fantastic mentors and put this FREE writing camp together for us to write and learn. How can I pass that up?! I signed up this morning!
5. Happy 4th of July! I celebrate this amazing country and the freedom we all enjoy. We'll be celebrating with neighbors tonight. It's a gorgeous sunny day - perfect for a cookout and fireworks!