I love linking up to a wonderful celebratory community, inspired by Ruth Ayres, every Saturday!
Lots to celebrate this week!
The summer isn't over yet, but next Saturday I'll be moving my daughter, Katie, back to OSU and school will start for me on the 17th. But today I have some time, so I'm going to celebrate what an amazing summer it was!
1. The wedding: The summer started with Libby and Jamie's wedding festivities, and what a celebration it was! The gathering of family and friends, the love that Libby and Jamie so obviously share, the clear presence of God, and the fun we all had is something that we'll continue to treasure forever. It couldn't have been more perfect.
2. Ed's dad's 80th surprise birthday party: The day after the wedding my mother-in-law planned a surprise birthday party for my father-in-law! We got the whole Mueller family together to surprise him at a local Mexican restaurant. He was definitely surprised!
3. Getting the house cleaned, organized, purged, and ready for the market : Right after all the out of town guests left, we started on the house! We threw ourselves into house selling preparations with the energy we had left after all the wedding excitement and put it up for sale on July 2nd. Time to downsize!
4. nErDcampMI: From the Empathy Literacy Contract presentation Megan and I gave on Day One to the fangirl moments of introducing myself to Matthew Cordell and Lauren Castillo and chasing down Liesl Shurtliff on her way out at the Nerd Party to Pernille Ripp's call to arms during the keynotes (and sitting by her AND Jillian Heise AND Louise Borden) at the Nerd Party to winning Larry Day's art and getting my picture with Miriam Busch sketched by Ruth McNally Barshaw, nErDcampMI was amazing!
5. Mom and Dad's 50th Anniversary Celebration: We continued to celebrate milestones by gathering in Anna Maria Island, FL for my mom and dad's 50th Anniversary celebration. We had a wonderful time playing and lounging by the beach, cooking, playing lots of card and board games when it rained, watching movies, and eating an amazing dinner on Mom's birthday at The Waterfront.
6. Moving Libby and Jamie to Columbus: After a fun summer of bridal showers, bachelor and bachelorette parties, the rehearsal dinner/wedding/honeymoon, subletting an apartment in Oxford, OH for a month and a half, vacationing with us at the beach and then Jamie's family at Lake Walloon in Michigan, it was time to move Libby and Jamie up to Columbus so Libby could start her position in the Marketing Leadership Rotational Program at Nationwide Insurance this week and Jamie could start law school at OSU in August. They've fixed up their cute little apartment and are excited to start celebrating "real life."
Lots of little joys sprinkled themselves into the summer - Ed's annual summer company party, time reading by the pool, a Lake Norris trip, watching movies, taking walks, spending time with Katie home from college, our 26th anniversary, hanging out with friends, co-leading an online church class, a concert, brainstorming lunch with a colleague, a great dinner with Katie's boyfriend's family last night, visit and lunch with Libby and Jamie today, and more! It's hard to believe a week from now Katie will be back at college, I'll be planning lesson plans, and summer will be over. I'll be looking forward to fall celebrations, though, and remembering a summer full of blessings!