Sunday, April 9, 2017

DigiLit Sunday - Digital Poetry - Where I'm From


It's DigiLit Sunday!  Thank you, Margaret, for this week's topic, Digital Poetry.



     I've written about this before, but each year, I start with 6th graders writing "Where I'm From" poems, modeled on George Ella Lyon's beautiful mentor text.  We then make them into Animoto videos.  I haven't had a chance to share this year's creations, so during this National Poetry Month and Margaret's perfect topic, now's the time!  Here are a few!

Mine

Aaron


Lauren

Kayley

Christopher

Viktoria

Sophia


4 comments:

  1. Holly, this project allowed your students to be creative as they moved from a non-digital to digital platforms. Congratulations! Happy #NPM17 to you and your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I want to do these with my kids. Can you send me a link to your Animoto site? I cannot access blogs at school, and I want to show your students' videos as models. I watched Kayley's because she's won my heart with a sweet comment on a post in Kidblog. Please tell her how much I loved it. Did they post these on their Kidblog? Maybe we can access them there. Email me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are terrific, Holly! George Ella Lyon's poem is a great one to use at the beginning of the year. I love the dimension the video adds to your students' poems.

    ReplyDelete