Thursday, October 23, 2014

Spiritual Journey Thursday - Amazing Grace

 
     THANK YOU to Carol Varsalona (@cvarsalona) for enhancing and framing the Spiritual Journey Thursday meme!!  Carol is part of the amazing blogging and Twitter community that encourages, teaches, creates, and writes.  I look forward to Thursdays because I learn so much from those who link up.
 
 "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,  and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." - Romans 3:23-24
 
     I looked up the Biblical meaning of "justified," and it means to be made right with God.  Isn't that amazing?  We are justified, or made right with God, because of Jesus and what He did for us.  That makes me breathe a sigh of relief.  It fills me with awe.  How is it that we are so blessed with this gift?  It fills me with gratitude.  It also makes me feel convicted to extend that grace to others.  How can we be resentful or annoyed or angry toward others when our God knows all our shortcomings and still gives us this great gift of grace?  God, thank you for the grace you freely give me.  Please fill me with the desire to pass that grace forward.  Amen.


No matter how many times I hear this song, it always makes me teary-eyed.  This is a beautiful version by LeAnn Rimes:

 
 

5 comments:

  1. Holly, may I thank you for posting this topic this week. I have found an amazing source of grace that I am grateful for. My offering explains http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2014/10/gratitude-for-grace_23.html. May you walk in grace this week and enjoy finding fall in nature's bounty.

    BTW: Can you please give me a tutorial on how to embed You Tube videos into the blog so the link is automatic? Thank you for your guidance and creation of Spiritual Journey Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Blogger, you just click on the video icon (right next to the photo icon) above the post when writing and search your YouTube topic. Then you choose the one you want and Blogger puts it right in there. With some videos, like Animoto and Vimeo, you have to embed it using the HTML code. You just switch from "compose" to "HTML" and past the code in there where you want it. I hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Holly. I will follow the directions and see where that leads me.

      Delete
  2. "How can we be resentful or annoyed or angry toward others when our God knows all our shortcomings and still gives us this great gift of grace? " Exactly. Wow. Powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humbled by His gifts daily . . . powerful, indeed.

    ReplyDelete