Thursday, June 27, 2013

It's THIRSTday!

Thank you to David Etkin for starting a meme on his blog, {Eat the Book}. Today is Thursday THIRSTday: A beverage and a book.
 
For many of these Thursday posts, I feature the book I'm reading with my potter friend's mug.  However, both Karan Witham-Walsh and I have been on vacation and haven't been able to get together for that feature.  I'm going to show you LAST week's beverage and a book first.  I was lounging by the BELLAGIO pool in Las Vegas!  I enjoyed reading the ARC of Kate Messner's new book, Wake Up Missing, coming out in September.  You can read my review of it here:
 
 
I can't resist showing you the view from our room in Bellagio. Amazing!
 


THIS week I'm back to reality.  I'm trying to finish this new book, Pi in the Sky, by Wendy Mass before my first Mock Newbery 2014 Club summer meeting later today so I can share it.  I have some major Wendy Mass enthusiasts in my classes, so they're going to want to borrow it from me!  I'm showing you a mug with it that one of my students got for me as an end-of-the-year gift.  It's so pretty!  One of the things I love about summer is that I have plenty of time to drink coffee!
 
 
I hope you are enjoying a beverage and a book today.  If so, comment below and let me know!
 
 

1 comment: