Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Nonfiction Wednesday

Thanks to Kid Lit Frenzy, I made a goal to read more children's nonfiction this year which I will be featuring on my blog every Wednesday.
 
 
This week I read:
 
Henri's Scissors: with audio recording
 
 
 
 
I love books about artists and how they get their inspiration. This is an interesting biography of Henri Matisse and how his art developed over time.
 
 
 
 
 
This New York Times Best Illustrated Book is just beautiful - so detailed! I loved that I had visited The Netherlands before so I could recognize some of the images. Gorgeous scenes of Dutch culture, seasons, landscapes, architecture, etc. The only thing preventing me from giving it 5 stars was that I wanted descriptions of each scene in the back of the book.
 
Pictures of my own time in The Netherlands with my mom, daughters, and brother-in-law:
 







 
What nonfiction did YOU read this week?
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous of you and Megan! Many years ago I attended the International Reading Association Convention in New Orleans, and it was the best professional development of my entire career! Have fun and I can't wait to learn from you two! Kim

    ReplyDelete