Sunday, December 1, 2013

Join the #Nerdlution!

     Just another reason to join Twitter and follow the awesome educators, writers, and illustrators in the Nerdy Book Club there: the 2013-2014 #NERDLUTION!!  Colby Sharp was celebrating the goal to write every day after being inspired at NCTE in Boston, and then Franki Sibberson joined in saying she needed to commit to running again.  Katherine Sokolowski wanted to join her, but with walking; then Christopher Lehman and Bill Bass continued the conversation, making writing and exercise goals.  Soon, #nerdlution was born, and I jumped in along with several others, enthusiastically wanting to join in on the fun.  Kristi Mraz even made a button!  That's what I love about the Twitter community.  Everyone is welcome and can contribute. 
 
     Make some goals and commit to them for 50 days:  December 2nd - January 20th.  My goals are to walk and write every day for at least 20-30 minutes each.  This is going to be tough for me.  I love to walk, but during the school year, it gets pushed aside because of the time change, weather, staying late at school, grading, fatigue, blah, blah, blah.  I know I would feel better (and so would my dog, Ben) if I kept exercise in my routine.  Since Megan Ginther and I are working on a book that we hope will get published, we need to write every day to make progress.  I would also love to work on other personal writing.  Goals like these are MUCH more fun and more likely to happen if they are made and supported by a community, and what better community do we have on Twitter than the Nerdy Book Club?!  Join us!!
 
     I even have a beautiful new notebook and pens from Brenda Power that we received at the Choice Literacy dinner in Boston, and a new leash for my dog, Ben.  No excuses!!
 

He's ready!  Are you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment