Sunday, September 7, 2014

DigiLit Sunday - 21st Century Teaching



      I love that Margaret Simon has started a Sunday Link Up for posts about digital literacy at her blog to challenge us to share our technology journeys.  
 
     School is up and running now, so it's time to think about implementing technology in my classroom and what that is going to look like.  I loved what I incorporated last year, and I'm ready to do more.  The last time I wrote a DigiLit Sunday blog post, I was thinking about putting my classroom library on Classroom Organizer through Booksource.com.  I did it, and I'm really liking it.  It was much quicker than I thought it was going to be, thanks to the scanner app.  I think kids are more invested in checking out and returning books and keeping them circulating. 
 
     Now it's time to introduce the kids to more digital tools.  I came across this link on Facebook the other day about what every 21st century teacher should be doing:

Thanks to @sjunkins
 
     Great ideas!  After reading Katherine Sokolowski's and Deb Day's posts recently about class Tweeting and creating class hashtags, I'm on board!  I've never done that before.  I will definitely be getting Kidblogs ready for both 5th and 6th graders soon (I created Kidblogs for my current 6th graders last spring), and I love the idea of podcasts.  I also love the idea of questions of the week.  What are some of your favorites on the list?  What are you already doing?  What are you NOT crazy about?  I'd love to hear your input.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try the infographic this week. I can't do so many of these because of district constraints. We are no longer allowed to take pictures of our students with our phones. We cannot use Twitter or Pinterest. But I can do both from home and I will. I want to try tweeting to authors this year. My students love the attention. Some of these I know nothing about, such as Appsmash and IFTTT. Fun list. Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the teachers did some info graphics with books last year, & the same one has already started blogging. Sad to say that no one else is doing much so far. Perhaps I can persuade a few more this year? I love the list, & loved hearing about the class hashtags from Deb & Katherine. I'll show that idea soon. Hope you post about how it goes, Holly!

    ReplyDelete