Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Slice of Life - Snow Envy



I love participating in Slice of Life, started by Two Writing Teachers and writing a story, reflection, or musing at least once a week.


     "The big snow storm predicted for most of the Tri-State ended up being a big flop," Jason Adams, meteorologist remarked.  Here in Cincinnati, the hype over all the snow that was supposedly coming ended in a disappointing snowflake or two.  Our school was dismissed an hour early and everyone checked their weather apps all day long.  Evening activities were canceled. Lots of Cincinnatians hunkered down in their homes after buying staples at the grocery store, awaiting the onslaught.  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

     I know for some in the South and East, the huge amounts of snow have caused hardships.  I certainly don't wish that on anyone!  However, a long, cold, gray, drizzly Cincinnati winter can be a drag.  A good snow can add some fun and excitement - some magic to an otherwise dull season.  The beauty of a winter wonderland beats a cold rain any day.  We may not have gotten snowmageddon this time around, but it's only January.  Maybe February?  In the meantime, I'll scroll through my Facebook friends' pictures of snowdrifts and toboggan runs, snowman building and skiing, snowball fights and snow-covered dog muzzles.  Enjoy your snow days and working on that to-read pile.  Next time, send a little our way!

5 comments:

  1. I do love a good blizzard...but I must admit that it was kind of nice to see that Maine got a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are definite perks to this snow! The anticipation is exciting! Lazy days can be good. Watching my dog enjoy it is the best! If we get more, I'll do all I can to send some over to you, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you (shhhhh. Don't tell my husband) A good old fashioned blizzard is exciting and relaxing to a point. I mean, you can't get to school, you can't go do things on your to do list. You just have to hunker down and read all day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only dream of snow days. They never happen here in South Louisiana. But it's also nice when everyone is talking about shoveling snow to be able to walk to my mailbox without a coat on. The photos are inviting. I'd love maybe a day of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are wishing for snow Holly, you could come to Long Island to see what 2 feet of snow dropped in one day looks like. It actually was beautiful when it came down. We were all cozy inside for the first day but then the real work began. On the second day, the weather was lovely enough to stay outside for a couple of hours working on snow removal. I must admit that I was wishing for some snow to capture shots of the world covered in white.

    ReplyDelete