Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Slice of Life - Friends' Thanksgiving

I've been participating in Slice of Life, started by Two Writing Teachers. I love the challenge of composing a piece of writing at least once a week about life or teaching.
 
 
     Since I'm still processing the incredible weekend I had at NCTE in Boston, I'm going to save that for a later post. Today, I'm going to share an Animoto video of our 26th Annual Friends' Thanksgiving weekend my high school/college friends started in 1988 and celebrated the weekend of November 15-17.  I shared a little about this tradition in an earlier post on the 16th.  It's difficult to capture in words what this tradition means to our group, so I hope the video does it for me...
 
 
 
     
 

8 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Holly. Loved seeing you at NCTE.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet video! You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ARE blessed, Hol! Thank you for capturing our weekend so perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was beautiful - I could feel the love between your group of friends - and the comfort of friendship that endures. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a special video of your wonderful tradition. I too am taking a bit of time to sit with my NCTE experience. So much to process. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly, this made me cry, especially to know one of your loved ones is gone. So glad you had such a beautiful time. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly,
    I love your Animoto of your Thanksgiving with Friends! I could feel the love. Thanks for sharing and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm with you...more on NCTE later! Have to let it simmer a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw it, Holly... and really should have had tissues on hand! Beautiful job... and thank you!

    ReplyDelete