Friday, March 5, 2021

Slice of Life Story Challenge #5 - Celebrate Perspective

                                            



                                                    It's time for the 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!  

My theme for the Challenge is CELEBRATE


     I enjoyed watching this video from Marley Dias's Instagram today and loved what Michelle Obama said about perspective, living in this day and age, and hope.  I have to admit I didn't always have perspective during the pandemic.  It was stressful, and at times, felt bleak. Sometimes  I lost sight of the fact that we still live in an amazing age.  Everything Michelle said about how, no matter the hardships, it is still the greatest to be alive today is so true!  I definitely felt that when I got my 2nd vaccine this week.  How amazing that it was developed so fast!  The technology and science that made it happen was because we are living in these times.  We are so fortunate!  

Her perspective on high school and college experiences was spot on.  It's just a tiny blip of your life by the time you are middle aged and beyond.  While it's so hard in the experience, when you look back, you realize what a small part of life it was. And many times, that hardship is what makes us change, grow, and become better.  Hmmm...that would be a great title - Becoming! It might already be taken...

Michelle passed on a lot of wisdom to Marley and all who watch this video.  And I agree - it's so inspiring to have young people like Marley help change the world! The future will get better and better!




2 comments:

  1. Holly, I didn't recognize Marley at first but remembered that I heard her speak at one of the NCTE Conventions. As Michelle said she has grown up. You are right that a good deal of wisdom was passed on to Marley during this video. Perspective and gratitude are two takeaways for me, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something I need to think about today, perspective. This is just a blip. I'm afraid the blip is just so tough sometimes that it's hard to see the end of the tunnel. I have had one shot. So there is that!

    ReplyDelete