Friday, January 2, 2015

#MustReadin2015

 There was last year's challenge...
 
 
I had/have a MONSTER To-Read list on Goodreads, so when this challenge was set up by Carrie Gelson and Maria Selke to knock off some of those books on our lists that we definitely wanted to read in 2014, I took them up on it.   There were 35 titles on my 2014 list.  I have good news and bad news.  Here is the good news:
 
 
The Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy, #3)

READ!  Finished 2/14/14
 
Seven Stories Up

READ!  Finished 2/2/14
 
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

READ!  Finished 3/15/14
 
The Summer of Letting Go

READ!  Finished 4/23/14
 
The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)

READ!  Finished 2/10/14
 
The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)

READ! 10/21/14
 
Seraphina (Seraphina, #1)

READ! 6/17/2014
 
Revolution

READ! 8/19/14
 
Better Nate Than Ever

READ!  Finished 2/6/14
 
Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy

READ! 1//21/14
 
The Boy on the Wooden Box: How the Impossible Became Possible . . . on Schindler's List

READ!  5/26/14
 
The Invention of Wings

READ!  Finished 3/29/14
 
The Goldfinch

READ!  Finished 1/26/14
 
The bad news is that I still have 22 left on my list that I didn't get around to reading.  That doesn't mean I didn't read a lot in 2014 - I read 313 books!  I guess shiny new titles or friends' recommendations started to appeal to me more, and I chose them over titles I've know about for a long time.  When I make my list this year, some will appear again, but some I'm going to let go.  Here is my 2015 list - the first four I'm importing from the 2014 list.

 
 
1. I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban

READ Sept. 2015
 
2. Duke

READ Jan. 2015
 
3. The Interestings
 
4.His Name Was Raoul Wallenberg

NEW to the list - the first 7 are 2014 Cybils' finalists in middle grade fiction.  Since I'm a Round 2 Judge, I need to read them ASAP!

5. Abby Spencer Goes to Bollywood
READ Jan. 2015

6. All Four Stars

READ Jan. 2015


7. Death by Toilet Paper

READ Jan. 2015

8. Ice Dogs

READ Jan. 2015


9. Nickel Bay Nick

READ Jan. 2015

10. The Crossover  11. The Meaning of Maggie

Both READ in Jan. 2015

I've already read Crossover and The Meaning of Maggie, but will reread them for Cybils' judging.

Then there are many other titles I want to read in 2015 because of seeing them on year-end best-of lists or heard from friends, tweets, blogs, or family members!

12. The Family Romanov: Murder, Rebellion, and the Fall of Imperial Russia

READ in October 2015

13. Glory O'Brien's History of the Future

READ May 2015


14. The Boundless

Got through most of the audio, and then it was due back to the library - never got back to it. :-(

15. Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)

I loved the other two in this series.  I'd really like to start them from the beginning again and read them all the way through.

16. The Book of Strange New Things

 My mom wants to discuss this one with me.

17. Greenglass House

LOVE the cover of this one.

18. Egg and Spoon

19. Nest

20. dash

21. Belzhar

22. Nuts to You

23. Fish In A Tree

READ Feb. 2015

24. What the Moon Said

25. How to Outrun a Crocodile When Your Shoes Are Untied

26. Under the Egg

27. The Great Greene Heist

28. 59 Reasons to Write

This book is being published in January.  I can't wait!

29.

We're reading this at school when we return from winter break.

30. The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)

31. Jack


READ Sept. 2015

My class loved Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin, so I can't wait to read the next one, coming out in April.

32. The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2)

The 5th Wave was awesome, so I definitely need to read the sequel.

33.

I read about this book from Franki Sibberson on A Year of Reading.
 
34. Olive Kitteridge

I've wanted to read this novel for a long time.  Readers seem to either hate it or love it.  We'll see!

35. threatened

READ April 2015

Okay - ready to start reading!!

4 comments:

  1. I have not read one of the books on your list. I better add some of them to my own! Good luck in the upcoming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered 59 Reasons today! I have read very few from your list. The stack seems to keep growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of all on the list, there are so many I'm looking forward to, Holly, but one of the favorites read is Threatened. I loved it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an AWESOME list. We have a little bit of crossover, but there are a few of my favorites on here, too! I need to admit that I had to stop halfway through The Interestings. It just wasn't for me, but I can see how others enjoy it very much. I am really curious what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete