Friday, March 4, 2016

Slice of Life Story Challenge - Day 4 - Memories While Waiting

 
It's Day 4 of the March Slice of Life Story Challenge, and I'm writing a goodbye letter to our house in a series of memories since we will be moving in April.
 
 

Katie standing in her bedroom
 
Libby on the balcony

So little!

The girls in the breakfast room


Back of the house

Brick goes on!
 
Looking almost finished!
 
Strangely enough, I was looking through pictures of that fall of 2004, and except for the building process pictures, there weren't many taken, and none were taken of the apartment we lived in.  I don't know why.  I definitely should have taken some.  I do remember some stories of things that happened in the apartment.
 
We had a cat named Annie that we brought along with us from Mason, then Pittsburgh, and back to Lebanon.  I was concerned because she was an indoor/outdoor cat, so apartment living wasn't exactly her cup of tea.  I kept her inside for several days because I was afraid, since all the apartments looked the same and it was unfamiliar to her, that she would get lost.  After several days though, I realized she was going to go crazy if I didn't let her out, so I did, with a little prayer.  Amazingly enough, she showed up the next morning at the back patio door.  I was so relieved!  From then on I let her in and out, and she always made it back.
 
In September, I traveled by myself to Virginia to my cousin, Chad's, wedding.  I remember telling my mom how I had forgotten how hard teaching was.  That was a fun weekend, though, and a wonderful wedding.
 
I also remember cutting my finger bad enough while cutting a bagel that we had to go to an urgent care and get it stitched up.
 
There is a funny story with Katie's friend, Ellie, but she'd kill me if I ever put it on this blog.  Ha.  We still bring it up every now and then and have a good laugh.
 
We had Friends' Thanksgiving that year at Karan's.
 
 
 
I remember reading Speak by Laurie Halse Andersen.  Strange the things we remember.
 
We had a huge snowstorm on the night before the last day before Christmas break.  It was a somewhat disappointing time to have a snow day.  The last day before Christmas break is fun at school.  That snowstorm also impacted our moving plans.  We were supposed to close on the house around that time, but EVERYTHING shut down, including the banks.  We had wanted to move into our house for Christmas.  Mom and Dad were coming in from Kentucky, planning on staying at our new house, but alas, we were stuck in our little apartment.  The American Girl doll I had ordered for Katie from Santa didn't arrive in time for Christmas morning because of the weather.  I'm not sure what kind of excuse I gave...
 
We ended up moving into our house New Year's Eve.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment