Monday, March 15, 2021

Slice of Life Story Challenge #15 - Celebrate a Sunrise

 


It's time for the 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!  

My theme for the Challenge is CELEBRATE.


      Daylight Savings started Sunday morning, and it's always a hard adjustment!  Even though it's great to get that extra hour of light in the evening, you give up an hour of sleep and the commute to work in the sunlight.  I was thinking about that this morning because one of my districts is a 45-50 minute drive.  I needed to get there at 7:45, so it meant driving in the dark again. I had gotten used to the luxury of driving in the light once the days got longer.

     But I got lucky.  As I was driving, I began to see an AMAZING sunrise.  I had to keep glancing at the sky, at my rearview mirror, and at my side-view mirror.  Because we live on the lake and get to enjoy sunrise out our back windows/door, I was HOPING my husband would take a picture.  I decided not to call him to ask.  I just hoped.  It wasn't even a minute or two later that I saw my phone light up with a photo he sent.  I had to smile.  "Thank you," I voice-texted.  "I was hoping you'd send that."


     Today, I celebrate a spectacular sunrise.

 


1 comment:

  1. Your sunrise picture was the first one I saw on social media, and then a few more trickled in. Beautiful! It was cloudy here, so I missed it all except through photos!

    ReplyDelete