Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Slice of Life Story Challenge #15 - Celebrate Daughter Time

 


It's time for the 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!  

My theme for the Challenge is CELEBRATE.


     "May I come for dinner tonight?" asked my younger daughter mid-morning.

     "Want to go out to eat?" I counter, since the chef of the house, my husband/her dad, was going to be out of town.

     "Yeah!  Where & what time is good for you?"

     
     And the restaurant picking begins....Cheesecake Factory, Trio Bistro, Cooper's Hawk, Dewey's?  Ed's love language is cooking, but mine is going out to eat!  One of the hardest parts of the pandemic and quarantining for me was not being able to go to restaurants.  My husband, Ed, is an AMAZING cook (and he loves to eat at home), but there's just something about a good restaurant that I LOVE.  I think it's the fancy cocktails, the conversation, joining friends and family, the lingering over the meal, laughing and talking, the yummy descriptions, the no-clean-up afterwards...it's just so luxurious!  I love going out to eat.

     We ultimately chose Cooper's Hawk.  We had delicious drinks and dinners and got to talk for hours.  Just the two of us.  No distractions of household chores, dogs, doing dishes, tv, phone, etc. Yes, our meals were delicious, but more importantly...it was time for just us.  No distractions.

     Today, I celebrate time with my Katie.


No comments:

Post a Comment